Help Preventing Loss of Data
10 Simple Things You Can Do to
Protect Your Data...
- Protect electrical components by
using computers in a dry, shaded, dust-free area.
- Protect against power surges with
an uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
- Never shake or remove the covers
on hard drives or tapes.
- Never attempt any operation, like
installations or repairs, with which you don't have experience.
- Avoid moving your computer, especially
when it's in operation.
- Back up important data regularly.
- Use diagnostic utilities with caution.
- Store tested backups in an off-site
- Always quit your programs before
shutting down your computer.
- Don't store critical data in a flood